Monday, April 27, 2009

as the white rabbit says

I'm late, I'm late for a very important date. Yes, I am actually sharing an Easter project a few weeks AFTER Easter. To be honest, I didn't even get the project completed in time for Easter. I am going to pretend I'm just ahead of schedule for Easter 2010. I made this sparkly egg with a vintage ornament I bought at Speckled Egg. Then coated the inside and outside with my new favorite glitter, Art Institute Glitter. (Have you tried their glitter? It's better than anything else I have ever used. Check-out their website, they have some great tutorials!) For this project, I used the Ultrafine, transparent glitter in Mimosa. I just coated the plastic egg with Art Institute Glitter's Designer Adhesive and then sprinkled the glitter on. When it was dry I cut-out a vintage image of a girl holding a bunny and then added a little gold garland and an Easter banner. It was really a fun project.