Friday, April 17, 2009


Although not posting, I honestly have been very creative lately. That's the problem. It's really difficult to balance creative bursts and computer work, and I've finally figured out I just shouldn't push it. If I'm bubbling with crafty ideas, I need to act on them as soon as possible. That's difficult to do when you have a preschooler running around and it's practically impossible if I'm worrying about my computer duties too. During my little dry spell a few weeks ago, I did a lot of soul searching. I think that my desire to keep to a schedule isn't always conducive to being creative. Whenever I put down something I am working on and turn on the computer, I risk losing my creativity. So now, I do whatever feels right at the moment. If you notice I haven't posted in awhile, it's probably because I'm working away in my little studio. Keep the faith and you will be rewarded with a flurry of posts showing you the goodies later. And that's what is about to happen over the next few days. Eye candy galore! Projects, projects, projects! Visit everyday, you won't want to miss a thing!

I wanted to start the excitement off with these rings I made out of felted balls. I picked the balls up at this Etsy shop. Mainly because I love the colors. And then they sat in a jar for months. And then I figured out I could make these rings. And now I can't stop. Embroidering on them, gluing sparkles. It's all too much fun. And the compliments when I wear them are pretty fun too. And I made an extra ring just for you! I have a copy of the blue ring, sitting in my studio waiting to be put on someone special's finger. Consider it a reward for your patience with me and my creative whims. For a chance to win, you need to do at least three of the following:

1. Leave a comment with a way for me to contact you. You have to do this one, otherwise I won't know you are playing!

2. Blog about this contest on your blog.

3. Tweet about this contest.

4. Follow me on Twitter.

5. Friend me on Facebook.

6. Become a katydiddy fan.

7. Sign-up for my ezine.

Easy right? I will pick a winner on Wednesday, April 22. Once the winner is chosen, I will contact you and verify that you have followed the rules. If not, another winner will be drawn. Good luck!