Monday, May 4, 2009

colorful inspirations

Last week, I took my parents to the Carlsbad Flower Fields. My husband and I went last year and I knew it would be a great trip for my mom & her new camera. I had to take pictures with my crummy point & shoot (Ahem, isn't Mother's Day coming up, honey?), but I still came back with some pretty pleasing shots. Actually, looking at last year's post about the fields, made me realize how much better I am getting at taking pictures.

I have taken the plunge and signed-up for a quilting class. It's on Wednesday nights this month. We'll see how it goes. I never would have ever thought I would want to quilt, but I've realized that saying "never" doesn't really work for me.

The flower fields were the perfect inspiration for quilting as I mull over my color choices. I want to make wild, reckless, crazy, colorful quilts. I'm usually pretty reserved and limit my color palettes to just a few colors. This has resulted in me not really knowing how to mix and match colors in bold ways. I'm hoping that the quilting class will help me build those artistic muscles. Where do find your color inspiration?