Friday, May 29, 2009


Here's the finished quilt. I don't think I've ever felt so proud of myself. Sewing is usually a huge struggle for me and making a quilt was something I thought I could never do. But I did it. And it wasn't a nightmare to make. And I love how it turned out. I feel like someone who just scaled Mt. Everest. I know that sounds extreme, but really sewing something like a quilt seemed like a huge challenge to me, but I made it through. I highly recommend doing something that you think you can't do. Stepping outside your comfort level makes you feel fantastic in the end. I even contribute my recent burst of creativity to the fact that I made this quilt. Being a little uncomfortable has made me realize I can take risks and they can pay off.

All that being said, we are sick! The whole family. Husband, wife, child. Very, very bad colds. Actually, "Typhoid Mary" (aka my daughter) has a mild version of this cold and is almost done with it. My husband and I, on the other hand, have a horrible raging version of it and are suffering horribly. Headaches, noses that won't stop running, coughing, and fatigue. And since the three year old is at the end of hers, she has tons of energy. Ugh! My poor husband is at work and I am at home with the bundle of energy. The worst part about having everyone sick? There isn't anyone to take of you. You are on your own. In house full of sick, cranky people. Trust me, you don't want to step within a mile of here right now. When I went out on a run to get medicine yesterday, I bought my daughter one of those gigantic coloring books. It's as big as she is. I'm hoping the dazzle of a new toy will result in some quiet time today. Fingers crossed please.

(Disclaimer: I need to put this in for my daughter. She is probably one of the best behaved children in the world. Seriously, the child is so calm. But she is only 3 and someone has to feed and her care for her. And that someone is very, very sick today. I just didn't want to mar her reputation today just because I'm sick and all I want to do is sleep and/or watch reality TV and drink tea.)