Tuesday, May 26, 2009

I know it's kind of silly

But I just can't seem to get over Jon & Kate + 8's Season Premier last night. I'm not a regular viewer of the show. I just watch it when I'm flipping through channels, so I'm not overly interested in the show, but last night's episode just broke my heart. As you have probably read in the tabloids, they are having some maritial trouble and last night's show dealt with it all very honestly. And it was heartbreaking to watch. To see their pain. I know, I know! It's a reality show, but it struck a chord.

My husband and I will be celebrating our 13th anniversary on June 22, so maybe I'm thinking more about marriage than usual. Watching Jon & Kate last night though, made me realize how very delicate marriage is. The tiniest crack can split open at anytime. After watching the show, my husband and I hugged each other a little longer this morning before starting our day. Thankful that we have made it this far. Knowing we shouldn't take our time together for granted.

P.S. I announced the winner of the drawing for my print on The Stone Soup Challenge blog. Hop over to see if you won!