Wednesday, June 24, 2009


I don't know what I was thinking, but I agreed to participate in two swaps in June. Yes, June, when I have family obligations galore and my business retreat. Slap next time I do something like this, would ya? I haven't done a swap in over a year and now two? In my busiest month? After a marathon day of sewing, I can say I'm officially done with my swap goodies and everything is off to the mailbox. And it's on time! I can't wait to see what I get back! I'm sure it will all be so good that I will completely forget the pain of getting my packets ready. Which brings us back full circle and my request to slap me. I'm telling you now, I'm going to get all those cool goodies and completely forget that I don't have time to play in swaps! Just watch me! So you want to a peek of what I mailed off?

The first swap I particpated in was Faerie Dust Dreams' Things With Wings swap. This one was a whooper as I had to produce 25 charms! I'm fairly happy with my laminated paper charms, but can I just tell you how impressed I am by my fellow swappers work? Check out the photos on the Things with Wings Flickr Group Pool. I hid my charms on card that had same the print as the charm itself. Can you find them?

My second swap was Speckled Egg's Hair Accessories Swap. I couldn't resist. Accessories are my weakness. Remember my post about the headbands I was sewing for my daughter? Well, I got the crazy idea I was going to make some for the swap. Luckily, this swap only needed 6 items, but being a novice sewer did slow things down a bit. That and the fact that my sewing machine was in foul mood.

So I'm done with swaps for a bit. Maybe. Or maybe not. I just might have a little announcement in a few days. Just don't slap me when I tell you about it!