Thursday, July 16, 2009

cupcake toes


My daughter is always begging me to paint her toes, so last week, I decided to give her the works. A cupcake pedicure! She had so much fun! (Who wouldn't have fun be given a pedicure?)

I dragged out the foot bath that was purchased and used way back when I was pregnant with her and my feet had swollen to the size of grapefruits. As a special treat, I even broke-out my cake batter sugar scrub by Dylan's Candy Bar. It smells delicious!

As the final treat, I painted cupcakes on her toes. A challenge with a squirmy four year old. I couldn't even get a decent photo because of all the toe wiggling that was going on!

It was a bit of work, but it was worth the smile on her face. She shows everyone her cupcake "toesies" and proudly tells them, "My mommy did this for me!"

So worth it.

If you are looking for other ideas on how to pass the summer with your children, check-out The Crafty Crow blog. I LOVE this blog. It's jam packed with great, crafty ideas. I use it as my primary happy kid resource. (Even if you don't have children, you might want to check it out-I've pulled a lot of inspiration for my "grown-up" art on this site too!)