Wednesday, August 19, 2009

wine and art

Besides eating cupcakes on our vacation, my husband and I also went to Artiste Winery. Although we didn't love the wines, they do have a great gimmick where you can paint on an easel that's set-up in the tasting room and the wine bottles are prints of gorgeous artwork.

I'm lucky enough to have a husband who is willing to play my "reindeer games" and he even picked up a paint brush. (Wait, was that luck or the wine?) Anyway, here's a photo of our joint creation. I painted the wine bottle and he painted the cheese platter. I think he's going to have to open an Etsy soon.

After painting and wine tasting, we had worked up an appetite and were able to get our picnic in. I think we picked the perfect spot, don't you? It was pure heaven. What is it about dappled sunlight that instantly relaxes you?

When I can I go again?