Tuesday, September 22, 2009

creative newsletter



My monthly creative newsletter will be in your inbox in a few minutes. This month, I talk about Artist Trading Cards or ATCs. When I first started on my creative journey, ATCs were one of the first projects I tried out. Since they are only 2.5" by 3.5", I was able to actually complete a whole piece of art while my daughter (a newborn at the time) took a nap. Art saved my sanity on many days during those early years of motherhood. Being a stay-at-home mom to an infant was probably the loneliest days of my life so far. I was isolated with only a baby to talk to for hours on end. Then I discovered the rich and supportive online community of art bloggers and I suddenly didn't feel so alone. I would do ATCs swaps and have a little bit of joy waiting for me in my mailbox when the swap packages arrived. (The photo above features the first ATCs I ever did for a swap back in January 2007!)



I also have a great opportunity for all of you! ARTchix Studio is offering a prize package to one of my lucky readers.

It's a "Spoil Me" Extravaganza! It includes:

Spoil Me Buttons
Spoil Me collage sheet
My Art Challenges collage sheet
My Art Challenges II collage sheet
Chixies Spoil Me Collection of 4 collage sheets
Party Girl collage sheet
Chixies Spoil Me sticker sheet
Handmade with Love sticker sheet
Blog Sticker Collection of 6 stickers
Blog Sticker Collection II of 6 stickers
I Love ARTchix sticker collection of 12 stickers

This is a $60 value, so you definitely want to try to win this. To enter, simply leave a comment on this post, telling me which ARTchix product is your favorite. I'll randomly draw a winner on September 28.

CONTEST CLOSED! THE WINNER IS DEBBY OF DEBBY'S DARE! CONGRATULATIONS!

Check-out my newsletter this month. If you aren't a subscriber yet, visit my website at www.katydid-designs.com to sign-up. If you didn't receive this month's issue, you can read it here.