Friday, September 18, 2009

a moment of silence please

I've read about it happening to other bloggers. I would click my tongue and think, "poor girl" and go about my life. But you never know how it really feels until it happens to you...

My sweet, dear Canon PowerShot A95 has broken. It's now only taking lovely photos like the one above. (How cool would that photo have been if my camera worked?) Sure, I've been complaining about my camera, whining that I wanted a new camera, but now that it's broken I'm sorry. You never know what you had until it's gone.

The good news is, it looks like it a defect that is covered by Canon. The bad news is I have to mail it in for repairs. How in the world can I live without a camera for any amount of time? Sure, I know I used to only take my camera out when I went on vacation a couple times a year, but now I use it every day. It broke on Wednesday, and I swear I've thought of a million photos I could have taken since then.

My husband is hinting that a bigger & better camera might be in the stars for me for my 40th birthday, but that's not until November!

Keep your fingers crossed that my little PowerShot comes home soon. In the meantime, I'm sifting through my thousands of photos to see what I can show you while we all wait for my camera to come home.