Thursday, October 22, 2009

make-up cases

You know those free gifts you get with purchase when you buy fancy make-up? I don't know about you, but I have about a million stacked up under my bathroom sink. As I was organizing my bathroom the other day, I came across them and decided they needed to be dressed-up. (Thinking I might actually find uses for them if I personalized them a bit.)

I had some scraps of oilcloth laying around, so I cut-out bits and pieces of the pattern from the material, then I glued them onto the make-up cases using tacky glue. I used oilcloth because I wanted to have a material that's easy to wipe clean, but if you can also use regular fabric as well.

I think it really dressed up the boring cases. Adding cute zipper pulls would really take these over the top. I'm planning to fill them with nice bath goodies and give them as gifts. I also might use a couple to keep my colored pencils in.