Friday, November 13, 2009

green beans for sunday dinner


So, are you liking these weekly recipes? Should I keep doing them?

Today, I'm going to share a recipe that seems so wrong, but is so good. Basically, you cook the living daylights out of green beans. I think we all have bad childhood memories of overcooked vegetables. It's something I swore not to do. But here I am today, cooking green beans for an hour! And they are absolutely delicious! Seriously-I never knew green beans could taste this rich. Try it, you'll like it.

Slow Cooked Green Beans
by Mark Bittman

Ingredients:

1.5 pounds of green beans, washed and trimmed
1/4 cup olive oil
1 cup minced onion
1 cup diced, canned tomatoes, drained
1/2 cup water, plus more if needed
Salt & Pepper to taste

Directions:

Combine all the ingredients in a large saucepan and bring to a boil. Cover and cook over medium-low heat for 1 hour. Check every 15 minutes and add a few tablespoons of water when necessary. When beans are tender and most of the water is absorbed, it's time to eat.

By the way, Katy, won the ebook of her choice! Katy, please go to my Etsy shop and then convo me and tell me which ebook you want me to send you.