Friday, November 20, 2009

hot cocoa

Well, I don't think I'll share recipes every Friday anymore. Based on the comments and my Google Analytics, most of you don't come and visit me to get recipes. If I come across any good ones though, I'll be sure to share them here and there.

That being said, I couldn't resist another post about food, or drink in this case. It finally got somewhat cold in Southern California and I took advantage of the weather to take a cocoa break with my daughter earlier this week. I try to stop whatever I'm doing in the late afternoons and take a little break with her. The snacks aren't fancy, but I do try to come up with interesting food combinations and/or break out some fun dishes. My Baileys' cups are some of my favorites. I love how retro they look. I know that there were a couple of dishes I remember from my past, like a Shirley Temple mug and an Archie & Veronica juice glass, and I hope that my daughter develops the same feelings towards these mugs. One day, when she's all grown-up she'll see one in an antique store and feel all nostalgic for her childhood and the afternoons we spent sipping hot cocoa with marshmallows and eating Teddy Grahams.