Saturday, November 21, 2009

Martha's Pumpkins

Martha Stewart Living's November issue had a tutorial for these great fabric pumpkins. I made two versions. The ones above are for a country girl and the ones below are would be perfect for a city girl. (That cute crocheted pumpkin was made by this talented artist.)

I wasn't the only one inspired by the project either! I saw another great version on Design*Sponge the other day. Danielle Thompson made some great versions (I love the one with a doily on it!). She was also kind enough to give an in-depth tutorial of the project as Martha's was a bit vague. (Don't tell Martha I said that!) Get the tutorial on Danielle's blog.

It's not too late to make your own-seriously, it's a super easy project! My city pumpkins are going on my Thanksgiving table with tulle and glittered branches. Let me know if you make some!