Wednesday, November 18, 2009

parfaits & gratitude

Don't you love this floral arrangement? I think it would be fantastic for a little girl's birthday party with an ice cream social theme, don't you? I'm thinking of throwing my daughter a Fancy Nancy Themed birthday party in June and I'm definately bookmarking this project as a party idea. I think it is very fancy!

Maybe I'm biased. It was created by one of my blog buddies, Cindy of Rosehaven Cottage. As a CHA (Craft & Hobby Association) Designer, I heard about a manufacturer who was looking for some designs using their new product, Aqua Gems, and I immediately thought of Cindy. She's a fantastic floral designer. I'm so glad I recommended her! Not only did she produce beautiful work for the manufacturer, she also made me look good because I recommended her. Isn't networking wonderful?
Okay, enough about that. Go to the Rosehaven Cottage blog to get the tutorial for the parfait project!

Thanks so much for all the love for my paper lanterns tutorial. As I've mentioned, I know that taking photos to go along with a tutorial are important and I've been dragging my feet about it. Being the Type A personality I am, I take anything I don't want to do as a self-imposed challenge, so I've been working on my tutorial skills. I'm so happy to say that my hard work hasn't gone unnoticed. My Paper Lantern Candle Sleeve tutorial was featured on One Pretty Thing yesterday afternoon! You can check it out here.

I was also contacted by an ebook publisher about possibly doing some craft ebook tutorials. Talk about instant gratification for my hard work! So there you go-proof that pushing yourself does pay-off.

I really need to thank Diane Gilleland for all of this. She was an expert in the Creative Marketing Ecourse I just finished teaching and I learned as much as my students did! She really recommended that I get more photos in my tutorials and she was absolutely correct. Her advice took my blog to the next level in a very short amount of time. Be sure to visit her website, Craftypod, and consider purchasing her blog ebooks.

Now go do something that you find challenging and reap the rewards!