Friday, November 6, 2009
This is a great recipe for the Fall. I found it on Alicia's blog, Posie Gets Cozy, last year, and I've already made it twice this Fall. It's super easy and has an earthy, warm flavor that is perfect for the crisp Fall weather.
1 c. whipping cream or heavy cream
1/2 c. pumpkin puree
1/4 c. grated Parmesan cheese
20 leaves of fresh sage (chopped)
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon pepper
3 links of mild Italian sausage
1 lb. pasta (penne or shells work great!)
1. Cook the sausage according to the package directions.
2. Combine cream, pumpkin puree, and Parmesan cheese, sage, salt, and pepper in a saucepan. Bring to a simmer over medium heat, then turn the heat to low and let simmer.
3. Make the pasta according to the package directions.
4. When pasta and sausage are done, pour sauce over the pasta. Slice the sausage into bite-sized pieces and add to the pasta.
5. Serve with Parmesan cheese.
That's it! I told you it was easy, but it's really good and people will be wildly impressed with your cooking skills. Why not make it for Sunday Dinner this week?