Tuesday, December 8, 2009

clothespin dolls


Thanks to everyone who sent me emails about my accident. I'm feeling much better now. My car is in the shop and the insurance company is taking care of everything. I'm sure my rates will be going up, but I'm moving on.

So let's get back to being crafty, shall we? Did you notice the new banner I made? Those cute clothespin dolls are Snow Queen ornaments for the Crafty Crow's Kid's Ornament Exchange. I love how they came out. I went overboard and even hand embroidered their teeny, tiny outfits with some special metallic embroidery floss.

Once I started making clothespin dolls the other day, I couldn't stop! My daughter and I found some acorn tops on the way home from the school the other day, so we used them as hats for a few dolls.

Then my daughter, aka "Super Butterfly Spy Girl", wanted a doll that looked a butterfly, so I came up with this doll.



I was also inspired by Vanessa Valencia's elves, so I made one of those too.

So are you like me? Do you get obsessed with something and can't stop? I can spend hours making different versions of my latest obsession. But then I always hit a wall. Everything is going beautifully and then suddenly, it all turns to poop. Yep, poop. Suddenly the faces are smearing and things aren't sticking. It's like the creative muse says, "Enough!", and if you don't listen, she fixes it so you have to stop. Tell me, does it happen to you too?