Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Trash to Treasure Bakery Boxes

I'm driving my husband crazy. For the past three months, I've been saving every clamshell, egg carton and jar we use. They were all piled high in the garage, waiting for my holiday baking.

I don't know about you, but I feel pretty guilty about the amount of plastic etc. I have been using to package my Christmas Cookie Gifts. So, a few months I ago I hatched a plan. To reuse the containers that store bought bakery and fruit come in for the my holiday gifts. Hence the pile of garbage in my garage!

It's so easy to do this project! Just wash and save your take-out clamshells. Measure the top and then cut out some old wrapping paper or festive scrapbook paper to fit the top. I used my Fiskar's Border Punch to make the edge of the paper look extra special. I used double sided tape to attach my paper to the top of the plastic box. Then I downloaded Vanessa's free holiday tags and taped one on top of the box. To finish, I nestled my cookies in some tissue paper.

My husband is finally seeing that there was method to madness. I saved money and helped the planet. See? I'm not so crazy after all!