Wednesday, January 20, 2010

laptop cozy

It was my sister's birthday on January 15. She asked me for a laptop sleeve. She carries her laptop in a large bag, but wanted something to slip over it so that it wouldn't get banged up. So I made her a laptop cozy. I call it my "mullet" cozy, because, it's business on the outside...

party on the inside...


I thought it was the perfect gift since my sister loves monkeys, but has to be professional at work. I made some mistakes and there were tears involved while making it, but that's the life of a beginner sewer. It would probably help if I would break-down and use patterns for my projects. Or even read technique books. But no, I have to do it by myself.

By the way, if you have a mullet (or know someone who does), don't leave a nasty comment here! I'm not judging any one's hairstyle choices.