Tuesday, January 19, 2010

life is like a box of chocolates

We are had a pretty good rain storm here Monday. I'm now very behind on my to do list as the power was flickering on and off most of the day, so I didn't want to work on my computer. We're scheduled for rain all week. Lucky for you, I have some photos saved up, so I should be able to show you some new stuff even if I can't take any decent photos this week.

That being said, I thought we would revist ghosts of Valentine's projects past. I am pretty famous for not putting up my festive ideas in time for anyone use them, so I thought I would remind you of my projects just in case you read them last year and thought, "I'm going to try that next year!".

I was big on boxes of chocolate last year. Actually, I'm always a fan of chocolates, but that's another story...
I made some faux candy for the Earth Safe Finishes newsletter last year. A great gift idea for someone who doesn't want the calories. I'm going to set-up my set this year as part of my Valentine's Day decorations. You can read about the project here.

I also made mini-cupcakes and decorated them to look like chocolates. I put them in a heart-shaped box and my family gobbled them up! You can read last year's post (and see more photos)here.
Then I moved from chocolates onto lollipops. I created paper lollipop valentines for my daughter to give to her classmates. They were a definite hit and I'm wondering how I'm going to top that idea this year. Here's the post for the lollys.

Doing this review, I realized I make A LOT of projects that involve candy. One would think I have a sweet tooth or something...