Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Sizzix Scoreboard Blog Hop

Remember back in October? When I showed you some new Sizzix dies by Eileen Hull? The Cupcake Ruffles? Well, I've been playing with another one of her Scoreboard Dies. This time, it's the Memo Holder Die. This die cuts and scores chipboard to create a darling little memo holder. It's just the right size for Post-It-Notes(TM).

I made mine to look like a little bakery.

As usual, I started to brainstorm other functions for the little Memo Holder. I came up with a cute idea to use it as a birthday candle holder.
A perfect little extra something to send with a birthday card. I used a copy of a vintage card for mine and attached seven candles since the card was age focused. But the Memo Holder can easily hold an entire box of 24 party candles. (I would just glue in the whole box.)

Speaking of getting those candles attached. I had it in my mind that the candles would attach with double-sided tape. Unfortunately, the candles were too heavy and, having a very bad cold, I was getting frustrated trying to figure out a solution. My four year old daughter was watching me work on the project and when I (loudly) expressed my frustration (trying to watch my language), she suggested I not only put tape under the candles, but also apply some one-sided tape over them to secure them. An obvious solution, but for some reason I needed a four year old to explain it to me. The lesson here? When you get stuck on a project, ask your little one!

Want to win my Little Bakery Memo Holder? Leave a comment, telling me which of Eileen's Scoreboard Dies are your favorite and, if you aren't already, become a Follower of my blog. I'll draw a winner on January 8.

To see more projects featuring the Memo Holder Die, visit the Sizzix Blog.
Disclosure of Material Connection
Based Upon a Review Copy
I have a material connection because I received a review copy (book, CD, software, etc.), or an item of nominal value that I can keep for consideration in preparing to write this content.