Friday, January 15, 2010

Wardrobe Refashion-Slippers


I love these slippers. They have a nice rubber sole so I can shuffle to the mailbox wearing them. (Maybe, just maybe I may have even worn them to store on occasion.) But they were starting to show how well-loved they were. There was even a little hole in the toe. As much as I love admiring my pedicure, I'm thinking these slippers won't really translate to sandals. So I did a little operation on them.


I just cut out some large flowers from a fabric scrap I had laying around and sewed the flowers on as appliques. Conveniently, I was able to cover the holes. I'm debating if I need to add a little bling. Maybe heat set some rhinestones onto them? Or is that too Vegas?

I posted this project for my Wardrobe Refashion challenge. Hop over to see what my fellow challengers are up to.