Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Art & Soul Retreat

I'm getting ready to go to the Art & Soul Retreat in Las Vegas next week.  My mom is coming too.  We try to take a little trip together each year.  We went to Art & Soul in Portland, Oregon a few years ago and are really excited to attend the Vegas retreat this year.

It's a tradition at these retreats to have items to trade with other attendees.  It's generally a good idea to have at least 25 items for trades.  Every time I go, I promise I won't wait until the last minute to get my trades made, but I always end-up frantically working away at the last minute.  This year was no different.

I've been tied to my sewing machine the past few days, surrounded by fabric scraps, making my selvage bracelets and needle cases to give out at the retreat.  Considering I'm doing this at the last minute (as usual), I'm pretty happy with how they are turning out.  I'm hoping that my fellow Art & Soul attendees agree.

If you will be in Vegas next week, let me know.  I'd love to meet-up with some of my blog pals if possible.