Monday, February 22, 2010

bird art


It was a complete coincidence.  Two projects.  Two different mediums.  Two yellow birds.

As I gathered my weekend projects to show you today, I realized I did TWO projects featuring yellow birds.  I guess I had birds on the brain.

I haven't painted in awhile.  On Saturday morning, I was overcome by the urge to paint.  Luckily, it was a weekend morning and I could actually sneak away and honor my muse in timely fashion.  That doesn't happen often and I was very glad to be able to do it.  I think my happiness is pretty apparent in the painting.  I'm thinking this little bird painting might get printed onto some fabric for some future sewing projects.

The other project is a small birdcage.  It originally was a dark green, but I coated it with Art Glitter*.  Let me tell you, it was a messy project and I was coated in glitter for about two days afterwards!

I added some button flowers I made using some samples I received at the Blumenthal Lansing* booth.  They have an amazing array of buttons!

I made the little felt hat the bird is wearing and even hand embroidered it.  I'm finding that I've been much more patient about crafting lately.  Taking my time and adding tons of detail to my work.  Maybe I'm slowing down in my old age.  I used to rush through projects because I was so excited to see my ideas become a finished project.  Now I enjoy the journey almost as much as I enjoy the finished project.

I'm leaving for Vegas tomorrow to go to Art & Soul with my mom.  I'll schedule a post for Wednesday though and will be back on Friday.  Have a great week!
_____________________________
*Given a Sample

I have a material connection because I received a gift or sample of a product for consideration in preparing to write this content. I was/am not expected to return this item or gift after my review period.