Monday, February 15, 2010

lemons


I know I've been a bad blogger.  I just switched from a PC to a Mac and I'm going through the process of moving files and photos and learning new software.  Hang in there with me!  And if you have any advice or book recommendations to make the process easier for me, please let me know.


We are having unseasonable warm weather here in Southern California this weekend.  It's amazingly beautiful and is giving me a bad case of early Spring Fever.  Our lemon tree is producing like crazy, causing me to dream of long, hot, summer days and ice-cold lemonade.  It doesn't help that a recent trip to the Goodwill, resulted in the purchase of these plastic coolers.  They are crazy bright, but I couldn't resist them.  They look like something Lily Pulitzer would love.  (Or my mom in the seventies!)  In fact these bring strong feelings of childhood nostalgia up for me and I'm wondering if we had a similiar print somewhere in our old kitchen.

Do you find you are drawn to items that remind you of your childhood when you are out thrifting?