Wednesday, February 3, 2010

No-Sew Elastic Headband Tutorial

Remember the tights I turned into socks? Well, I still had the top of the tights left-over and decided to do another project using the top. This is a five minute, no-sew project.

Supplies Needed:

1. Old pair of tights.
2. Scissors
3. Silk Flower
4. Safety Pin or Hot Glue


1. Cut the elastic off the top of the tights as shown in the photo above.

2. Using a safety pin or hot glue, attach the flower to the elastic. I like the pin idea because you can change out the flowers according to outfits, but if you are making a headband for a small child, you may want to opt for the glue option for safety's sake.

3. Place on head and look beautiful.

Helpful Hints:

-I bought my flower pin at Michaels*. The pin came with it and the total cost was $1!

-I discovered that my four year old's tights fit her waist, not her head. Which means: A) My daughter has a big head. (Which wouldn't be surprising considering she spends her days being told how cute she is.) or, B) That's normal and you will need to measure to make sure this project will work for you.

P.S. Raise your hand if you would also like to believe that your waist is smaller than the circumference of your head. I know I would personally need to have a VERY big head!

*No material connection.