Wednesday, March 17, 2010

a bunch of nonsense

A few things to share, all of which have nothing to do with one another!

A Creative Nostalgia (TM) baby blanket I stitched up for a friend's new baby.  She had a boy and we all know I'm challenged when it comes to creating for boys, but I like this.  I love the retro look and I think it's okay for a boy's room without being too masculine.

A sneak peek of a birthday gift I'm stitching up for someone who reads this blog and is having a birthday this month.  I wonder who it could be?

And a movie recommendation...have you ever seen Inkheart?  We watched it last night and I loved it.  I have a bachelor's degree in Comparative Literature and am a huge book lover and reader and this movie captured the reading experience so well.  It's all fantasy and make believe, but it's a wonderful escape.  I even recognized some literary criticism theory from my college days regarding the part an author really plays in a reader's experience with their books.  Do they really have a say in how we read and interpret what they've written, or does the book take on a life of it's own once it is written down?
No material connection to the movie mentioned in this post.