Monday, March 22, 2010


We've been having fabulous weather in Southern California lately.  I spent last Monday cleaning up our patio so we could start enjoying the fresh air and sunshine.  On Thursday evening, we ate dinner outside.  What is about eating outside that feels so relaxing?  It was a quick meal of steaks and fresh asparagus.  (Asparagus is in season now, so enjoy it while you can!)  We also had some delicious French macaroons.

I bought these at Trader Joe's in the freezer section and was surprised by how delicious they were.  I'm even thinking about making some from scratch now, but in the meantime, maybe I'll just have to sew some like I did a few years ago.  My daughter plays with the set shown here and she was so happy to eat real macaroons last week.

I have to keep this post today short and sweet (literally!) as my in-laws are arriving tomorrow and I have serious work to do around here to get ready.

Material Disclosure:  I have no material connection to Trader Joe's