Saturday, April 3, 2010

Last Day of Creative Nostalgia Boot Camp



Saturday is Baking Day.

Now you are really going to think I've gone over the edge.  I make bread almost everyday.  I decided a few months ago to stop buying it, pulled out my bread machine and have been making bread with it.  Did you know that you can pretty much use any bread recipe and put it in your bread machine?  I used to think you had to have "special" bread machine recipes, but you don't.  Just make sure you put the ingredients into your machine according to the manufacturer's instructions (mine wants me to put liquids in first) and be sure to use bread machine yeast.

Here's my favorite recipe for bread.  I adapted it from Jane Brocket's book, The Gentle Art of Domesticity*.

Ingredients:
1 cup warm water
1 teaspoon honey
2 cups bread flour
1/4 cup of whole wheat flour
2 1/4 teaspoons bread machine yeast
2 teaspoons sea salt

Put ingredients in bread machine according to manufacturer's instructions.  When done, slice yourself a warm piece of bread, slather with butter and eat.

I hope you've enjoyed my Creative Nostalgia lifestyle and housekeeping tips this week.  I also hope you will explore your style and see how you can incorporate into your life.  To help you, I have another prize drawing**.  I have a copy of the book, Style Statement: Live by Your Own Design by Carrie McCarthy and Danielle LaPorte* to give away!  Carrie McCarthy is a big supporter of me and my blog and offered to donate one for me to give away to one lucky reader.  Just leave a comment on this post and tell me what you THINK you would call your style and I'll draw a winner on April 7!  Be sure to visit the Style Statement website too.  It's loaded with lots of interesting information about creating your own style.

Speaking of winners...Kathi of Reimagined Treasures won the Sewing Apron Badge.  She deserves it too.  Her Etsy shop is packed full of wonderful sewing creations.  (Kathi, please email me your address!)

_______________________________
Material Connection Disclosures:
*I am an affiliate of Amazon and will receive a commission if you purchase these books via my link.
**I was given a copy of this book at no charge for the purpose of this contest.