Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Sizzix Blog Hop-Moulin Rouge Theater Box

It's time for another blog hop! I'm still working with Eileen Hull's wonderful set of Scoreboard Dies and for this blog hop, we used her rectangle box die. Originally, I thought I was going to make into a lipstick case-which would be very cute, but then I got an urge to use it for a mini-diorama. I used to love making dioramas in school, didn't you?
For the outside of the box, I used Anna Griffin's Isabelle Collection scrapbook paper. To create the inside, I  pulled out Sandra Evertson's wonderful book, Fanciful Paper Creations and used some of the clip art she generously includes in the book.  I've had this book for years and I think it says something when I can still pull it off the shelf and find inspiration.  

I think the project is charming and would make a wonderful gift for a little ballerina.  Perhaps to be gifted to her after her first performance?

Be sure to see what the other designers have done with their rectangular boxes. Visit these blogs to see what everyone else has done!

If you enjoyed seeing the ScoreBoard projects on the hop, please leave a comment here or on Eileen Hull's blog so we know you stopped by. This makes you eligible for a random drawing to win a ScoreBoards die! 

AND...if you want to know how talented designer, Eileen Hull, turned her creative ideas into Sizzix dies, you won't want to miss my ecourse on Multiple Streams of Income.  Eileen will be a guest expert and will be hosting an online chat to answer all your questions about designing products.  To read more about the ecourse and to sign-up, click here.

Material Connection Disclosures:
-Sizzix brand products:  I have a material connection.  I received sample product to complete this project.  I am an Amazon Affiliate and receive a commission for books purchased in my estore
-Anna Griffin: No material connection.