Monday, May 24, 2010

Crescendoh Launch Party

On Friday, I was lucky enough to attend Jenny Doh's launch party for her new adventure, Crescendoh.   (You may remember a few weeks back that I did an Art Saves story for the website.)  To congratulate Jenny, I created some of my quilted selvage bracelets for her, bearing her logo and tagline.

It was a fun evening out, and I was able to catch-up with old friends and make some new friends.  I thought I would honor everyone I met by sharing links to their blogs with you today.  Trust me when I say that this was a amazing group of talented and caring women.  You are sure to find inspiration on each of their sites!

Cheryl Waters.  One of the Fiskateer leads and someone I am lucky enough to call friend.  Cheryl is truly one of the kindest people I know.

Elena Etcheverry of Scrapbook Royalty.  A strong woman who has dedicated her life and creativity to helping others.

Julie Bergmann.  She made my evening by telling me how much my business advice I gave her has changed her business for the better.

Kelly Snelling.  Always a joy to see her.  One of the most talented and brave women I know.

Melody Ross.  She shared her touching Art Saves story with us at the party.  Another brave, smart soul.  Dedicated to helping women get in touch with their creativity through her Brave Girls Camps.

Colette George.  I watched a package for her during the party while she took photos and then ran into her later.  She is someone I never knew before, but her friendliness and ease made me feel like we were old friends.

Jana Holstein.  An editor at Somerset, who gave me my first break and published my work.  She gave me the courage to believe that my art really was worthy enough to be in print.

And, of course, my mom.  Who came with me to the celebration.  She has played a huge part in making me who I am today.

All in all, an inspiring evening.  I felt so lucky to be in the company of so many brave, kind and talented women.  Everyone has an Art Saves story and by sharing it, we lift one another up.  Share yours with someone today.  You never know who you might inspire.