Monday, May 17, 2010

Ice Cream Social

I've been very busy the past two weeks, leading my group of 38 students through my Multiple Streams of Income ecourse.  About halfway through the course my daughter began to start "acting out" a bit and I knew I was at fault.  I wasn't giving her enough attention.  So I scheduled a work-free afternoon and we spent a little uninterrupted time together.  It involved our two favorite past-times, baking and painting.  Both messy, but both very satisfying.

As a result of our afternoon, we had a delicious marmalade-chocolate cake to eat (it tastes just like those chocolate oranges you can get at Christmas time) and I had a new painting in my portfolio.  I haven't painted in awhile and it took me a bit of time to get around to this image, but I like it.  I call it Ice Cream Social and am working on creating note cards featuring it.

The added bonus of our afternoon?  My daughter is back to being her sweet self, secure that mommy does love her and wants to spend time with her and I'm not feeling so guilty about working.