Sunday, July 4, 2010

Happy 4th of July!


Just in case you needed a little festive inspiration for your BBQ this afternoon, here's my table setting for our patio.  It's just the three of us for burgers and hot dogs, but I still like to make it special.  I think that too often we only take the time to decorate and make things special when we have people coming over, and forget to take the time to create a beautiful setting when it's just the immediate family, or even just for yourself.

After dinner, we'll head down to the local park to meet-up with friends and watch the fireworks.  I'm looking forward to a fun and relaxing day.  I hope, no matter where you live, you are doing the same.

P.S. If you want to learn how to make pinwheels like these, there's a great tutorial at The City Cradle by Disney of Ruffles & Stuff.