Wednesday, August 25, 2010

ArT JoUrnALing

It's been awhile since I've worked with paper crafting, let alone art journaling.  I've been on such a fabric obsession....

But last week, we rented Tim Burton's movie version of Alice in Wonderland and I was struck by the line uttered by the Mad Hatter to Alice, "You used to be much more...muchier.  You've lost your muchness."
It struck a strong cord of emotion within and I knew I had to put the line down somewhere.  My written journal didn't seem to fit the bill, so I dusted off my art journal and sat down to create.  And then I stared at a blank page.  I had the (almost painful) urge to create, but for some reason couldn't.  So I went to YouTube and pulled up Teesha Moore's wonderful art journaling videos.  The day was promptly lost as I would watch a video, then run off to add to my journal page.  Going back and forth between the page and the computer over and over again.  You can see the results here.

Sometimes, it's good to revisit an old obsession.  You can approach it as you never have.  These pages look nothing like previous pages I've put into my journal and, as I was working, ideas were flooding for using the same techniques in my current creative obsessions.  Maybe I'm getting my "muchness" back afterall.