Tuesday, August 17, 2010

A pastry bag tutorial for your imaginary baker

My family is finally getting back to normal after the loss of our dog, I even got some crafting in this weekend.  It felt good to be creative and helped me get my mind off my troubles.

The other day, as I was frosting cupcakes (can you say peanut butter frosting on chocolate cupcakes?) my daughter was watching and asking about the pastry bag.  Since she's a little chef in training, I decided to make her a pastry bag for her play kitchen.  After a few trys, I came up with a super simple "softie" bag that looks just like the real thing.  Well, not really.  I think my daughter's is cuter than the real thing.

She's been using it everyday to decorate her toy cupcakes and felt cookies.  To download the tutorial and pattern (for free!) click here.  I really do recommend that you try making it yourself.  It's a super fast project that produces a great final product. 


P.S. This is my first try at creating pattern.  I'm hoping to add a few to my shop soon, but thought I would give you my first one for free.  Let me know how you like it and if I can make any changes to it that would it easier to use.  Thanks!