Saturday, August 7, 2010

A week in the life

I could tell you that the reason I haven't been blogging is because life has been hard on me this week.  I could tell you how my computer crashed, leaving me (ok, my husband) to try to recover whatever files and photos we could.  I could tell you that my dog, Jack's, cancer is progressing at frightening speed and that I spent last crying and trying to prepare myself for losing him.  I could tell you about how, after spending over a thousand dollars to get my husband's car fixed last month,  it's still leaking fluid and we just discovered that a warranty on service doesn't mean anything if the repair shop goes bankrupt.

Or...I could tell you that I went to the beach with my daughter and sister and niece and let the cool ocean breezes take my mind off my troubles.

I could tell you that a homemade pizza and a glass of wine on a Friday night can do wonders on your outlook on life.

I could tell you that watching my daughter "read" to Jack was one of the bittersweet moments of my week.

I could tell you stories.  But for now, these little snippets will have to do.