Monday, September 13, 2010


When you are a creative AND a mom of a young child, you tend to find your inspiration in the most unusual places.  For instance, if you happen to have a Kindergartener, who started school last week, and was at the end of her cold, but still had a runny nose and needed tissues, you might find a way to make those travel tissues travel easier (and cuter).  I mean, we only have so much time and, when we can make our creative time have a purpose, people don't seem to mind as much if we sneak off for an hour or two to our studios.  That's exactly how my Travel Tissue Cozies were born.  My absolute favorite design has incredibly cute Japanese fabric with red polka dot trim.

I'm also proud of the fact that I actually have a design for a boy for once!  I know I tend to lean towards the feminine in my designs and I know I need to work on that if I'm going to have a well-rounded shop.

I think they are pretty sweet and have designated them the first offering my series of stocking stuffer ideas.  I'm hoping to have time each month to load a new, low priced item in my shop that would be perfect to slide into a Christmas stocking.  I'm trying to keep the price point under $15.00 and the shipping costs super low.  If you take advantage of my new idea, you should have a nicely stuffed stocking by mid-December.  If you like what you see (the Travel Tissue Cozies are only $5 each with 50 cent shipping (USA)), you better hurry and make the purchase.  I'm probably only going to make a limited number of each stocking stuffer and you don't want to miss out the one you want.  You can see the full line of the Travel Tissue Cozies in my Etsy shop.

I also need to announce the winner of the needle case from the Orange Blog Hop!  It's Peg, from Peg's Crafting Corner!  Please contact me with your address so that I can get that out to you!