Monday, September 20, 2010

Oktoberfest!

Gingerbread Hearts

We had some family fun at Oktoberfest this weekend.  The Phoenix Club in Anaheim has the best one we've been to yet.  Really good food, fun activities and a really nice Sunday, "Family Day" version.  If you are local, get the details about it here.  I highly recommend you go!  We basically ate our way through it.  My husband had a pint of good German beer, but my daughter and I stuck to overindulging in the food.  I've decided I wasn't overeating...I was teaching my daughter about her culture (I'm 50% German). 

Like her Papa, my daughter loves pea soup.
Black Forest Cake for Mommy
Apple Strudel for Daddy

And you can't have Oktoberfest without beer steins...

Hand Crafted Beer Steins
Hope you are enjoying all the fun & festivities that the Fall Season brings!