Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Trick or Treat

Is Halloween really almost here?  I know I'm always complaining that it's not my favorite holiday, and then I do bunch of crafts for it.  And this year is no exception.  Especially because I found this awesome Japanese fabric with witches and vampires and haunted houses.  I mean, who can resist making something for Halloween when you have fabric like this in your stash?

The fabric was pricey (as most import fabrics are) so I agonized over using it.  To make myself feel better, I made my daughter a trick or treat bag with it.  I figure it can be used year after year, so I'll get to look at the fabric every October.  The bag was snap to make because I used an old bag from an event I attended.  You know how you get those canvas bags with some body's logo on them when you go to conferences or conventions?  I just opened the side seams, measured my lovely Japanese fabric to be wide enough to cover the logo, sewed it on and added some trim.  Then I resewed the sides up.  It was like magic.

And, I have good news for you!  I didn't want to hoard the fabric, so I made ONE tea towel to put in my shop.  I love the black and white checks and that wicked witch peeking out.  It's perfect for cleaning up spills when you are boiling up a witch's brew.  There is only one, so if you really love it, you better hurry and buy it here.

Now I only have bits and scraps left of the fabric, but I might be able to eeek out a festive, patchwork pillow.  If I do, I'll be sure to show you it.  I'm thinking it would look really great with last year's raven pillow.  Don't you?

P.S.  I have some other Halloween Goodies in my shop too.  Including my paper party line of "Let's Lose Our Heads".