Monday, October 11, 2010

Embroidery Bee

I've been working away all weekend, getting ready for my Embroidery Bee.  If you are local, I'd love it if you would join me on this Thursday night (10/14) from 7-9pm at the Neighborhood Cup.  I'll be teaching a couple of basic embroidery stitches, going over pattern transfer methods and sharing an original sampler pattern.  I'm working away on my version of the sampler now.  It's a "tea" themed sampler.  Admission gets you the sampler for free.  I'll also be loading the sampler to my Etsy shop, so if you aren't local, you can still get one!

Although I'm fine with people bringing their own supplies, I decided to put some kits together too.  The kits have everything you will need to work on the sampler.  Including:
  • An embroidery hoop
  • An embroidery needle
  • Some embroidery floss in a variety of colors
  • An iron-on transfer pencil
  • A piece of linen
  • A bonus sampler pattern
  • And lots of extra bits & bobs including, eyelet lace, fabric scraps, buttons, flowers
I only have a limited number of kits, so if you are planning on attending, you might want to pre-order yours here.  I'll reserve one for you and bring it to you on Thursday night.  Hope to see you there!