Friday, October 15, 2010

Mermaid Quilt

I'm making a small quilt to donate to Charity Wing's Seaside Soiree silent auction.  Oh how I love Heather Ross's mermaid fabric.  And the color orange.  And aqua polka dots just make me smile.  It will be the perfect size to fit a crib in a beach themed nursery or maybe to sit on at the beach, alone, and contemplate the ocean and wonder if mermaids are real.

In between the tailgate party I'm throwing before my daughter's soccer game and taking my grandmother to Sunday brunch, I'll be quilting away.  I'll show you the finished work before I ship it off to be auctioned.  (Which is going to be hard because I love it so.)  The good news is, I have some scraps leftover and last night I dreamed of placemats made out of the fabric, with white plates and sea shells place carefully on top of the napkins.  Am the only girl who dreams of table settings?