Monday, November 22, 2010

Fabric Cake

I was so excited when I made this cake last month!  I've always found it really difficult to sew curves, especially when I'm sewing a 3D object.  But I took a really deep breath and decided I would I just take my time and not cry when it didn't come out and I sewed a fabric cake. 

I love it so much, I can barely part with it.  We won't even talk about how much the model featured here loves it.  But I do want to make some extra cash this holiday season, so it's up in my Etsy shop.  It has great details and will make some lucky girl's next tea party a success.  I mean the teddy bears will be talking about it for ages.  So it's the perfect gift for that very special girl on your list.  It will be something she can hand down to her future children.  It's a keepsake she will treasure.  I'm guessing her mom might get a little excited too.  I mean, I would.
And don't worry about the model.  She's probably going to get one.  I heard through the grapevine that Santa is planning on leaving one under the tree on Christmas morning.