Thursday, November 4, 2010

Sizzix Triple Play Blog Hop Week 1: Home Sweet Home Embroidery Sampler in 3D!

It's another blog hop and I'm so happy to get another chance to play with Sizzix's dies!  This week I was asked to create a project using Sizzix Scoreboards Pro Die - House, 3D, by Eileen Hull.  I also used Sizzix 12x12 matboard, white and of course, you need a Sizzix Big Shot Pro die cutting machine

There were a million ideas swirling in my head for this project, but I finally decided to use felt to cover the mat board and create a 3D embroidery sampler!  My inspiration was those old Home Sweet Home samplers women used to practice their embroidery stitches on.  Instead, I did some embroidery stitches on the felt I cut out in the 3D shape of a house.  Get it?  It's a Home Sweet Home sampler, because I stitched on an actual house!  I also used some buttons (Courtesy of Blumenthal Lansing) and scraps of fabric, lace and beads.  This a great a project to use up all those little odds and ends.
Now, there a sixty talented designers who also created projects using the 3D house die.  Yes!  Sixty!  You get to spend the entire day getting inspired.  You can see the full list of designers on Sizzix's blog or just head over to the button in my sidebar and on the right and press the back and forward button to move through the list (isn't that a cool way to navigate the hop?)

Material Connection Disclosure: By the way, I received some product from Sizzix and Blumental Lansing to do this project, just so you know!