Thursday, November 11, 2010

Sizzix Triple Play Blog Hop, Week Two: Gift Cards with a Twist

I don't know about you but, as much as I like getting gift cards, I kind of miss the whole gift presentation thing.  I love getting a big package all wrapped-up and pretty.  With the popularity of gift cards, you see less gifts and more envelopes.  While I completely understand the ease of gift cards for the giver, as the receiver, they sometimes leave me wanting.  But, who says that you have to give gift cards in a envelope or a flat gift box?  Why not create a cube and add some over-the-top-embellishments?  I used Karen Burniston's Sizzix Bigz XL BIGkick/Big Shot Die-Twist Cube 3-D Pop-Up to create a cube. (I used some DCWV 29-Color Cardstock Stack - 12" to give the cube some body.) Then decorated the cube with Die Cuts With A View 12 x 12 Paper Stacks - Christmas Paper Stack and made sure to create a small pocket on one side to slip a gift card in. Then I topped it with some holiday sprays I had crammed in a drawer from last Christmas.

Now this is a gift card presentation that would make anyone happy! You could even fill ALL the sides with  different gift cards if you wanted to be known as the best gift giver ever.  I think these would be really cute as placecard holders on a holiday table too. 

Don't forget!  This is my weekly Sizzix Triple Play Blog Hop post.  Tune in every Thursday to see what I am doing with the die of the week, then click on the bottom below to go forward and backwards and see what 60 other talented designers are doing with the same die!

[ back ] [ Sizzix ] [ forward ]

Material Connection Disclosure: 
1. I have a material connection to Sizzix.  I received sample die cuts for the purpose of doing this blog hop. 
2. I am an Amazon Associate.  If you click on the product links above, and make a purchase, I will receive a small commission from Amazon.