Friday, December 31, 2010

After Christmas Projects

Remember how I bought that Advent House last year and had every intention of getting it ready over the year, yet somehow ended up staying up half the night on November 30, trying to get the project done in time for December 1st?  Well, I vowed not to do that again.  It's just that I have such a hard time getting into the mood to do Christmas projects when it's July and the sun is out and it's 90 degrees outside...

I'm lucky enough to have a husband who always get the week between Christmas and New Year's off, so this year I decided to take advantage of the downtime we have in the days after Christmas to get some projects done for next year.  Over the past month, I've marked a ton of projects and tutorials in magazines and on blogs with the idea that I would do them for next year.  But I know all too well that the days leading up to Christmas next year are going to be as crazy as they were this year and half the projects won't get done.  So I did one now!   I made 100 Billion Star's Mini Tree Skirt!  The holiday decorations are still up and it still felt "Christmasy" enough to get at least one festive project done in anticipation of next year.  The project was great for using up all the scraps from all the projects I sewed for gifts and holiday boutiques too.  And the whimsical, non-holiday fabric looks darling with the mini tree my daughter keeps in her room over the holidays.

I know!  I'm even annoying myself with this one!  I mean could I be more organized?  Why not join me in my insanity and craft one last holiday item in the next few days?  Think about how excited you'll be next December when you pull it out of storage and have one less thing to do to get ready for Christmas 2011!

Have a safe and happy new year celebration tonight!  I'm off to an early cocktail party (I'm wearing an awesome, retro headband tonight-you can see it here) and then my husband is making us Steaks with Whiskey Sauce (from The Pioneer Woman Cooks: Recipes from an Accidental Country Girl) for a late night dinner.  Our daughter is partying with her cousin and grandparents at the ranch tonight.  What are you up to?