So, I hopped on the treadmill. (Okay, I didn't hop. First I had to have my husband clear off all the boxes and junk off of it since it was buried in the garage somewhere, and then I got on it.) The only way I think working out is even mildly fun is to have music. Unfortunately, my treadmill is an older model and the only place to put my iPod is in the drink holder. Which means I have to put my water bottle elsewhere and get off the treadmill every time I want I drink. I know I could wear one of those strappy things on my arm to hold my iPod, but the thought of elastic around one of my chubby arms, with fat squeezing out around it, doesn't exactly turn me on either.
Hook and Eye tape
- Measure around deck of your treadmill (or any exercise machine for that matter). Add about two inches to your measurement to allow for overlap and seam allowances.
- Cut two pieces of fabric the length of your measurement by a 4" width.
- Cut one piece of fabric for the pocket, measuring 4" x 4".
- Lay your two long pieces of fabric, right sides facing and sew around three sides, leaving one of the short sides open.
- Turn out pieces and iron flat. Fold the open end in 1/4" and press.
- Top stitch around the entire strip.
- Press all four edges of your pocket square a 1/4" under. Sew around it to create a finished edge.
- Place pocket onto middle of long fabric strip and sew the pocket on. Be sure to leave one of the short edges open at the top for the pocket.
- Attach hook and tape to the ends of the long strip.
- Attach sling to treadmill, place MP3 player into it. Exercise away.