Monday, January 24, 2011

Valentine's Day Past: Part Two

I'm still deciding on what I'll do for my daughter's school valentines this year.  There are more children in her class than ever (thanks to the state's budget cuts) so I'm going to have to keep it simple.  I thought I would share the past two year's valentines to inspire you.

2009 Paper Lollipop Valentines
These said, " I think you are sweet.", and were even wrapped in cellophane. 

2010 Fortune Cookie Valentines
The fortune inside read, "I'm so fortunate to have you for a friend."

I also sent out Valentines to my family last year.  I cut a silohuette of sweet girl's profile out and put together some pretty sweet mail art.  They were a great way to create a memory of a moment in time.

Okay, my turn to get some inspiration from you.  Are you making cards this year?  What are you doing?

P.S.  The "candy" in the photo at the top of this post is fake!  To learn how I made it (can you say tealights?), go here.  They were featured in Earth Safe Finishes' Newsletter back in 2009-scroll down to see my article.