Wednesday, February 2, 2011

I'm back!

The Craft & Hobby Association's Winter Trade Show was a blast.  I made some great connections and I'm hoping I'll be able to share lots of exciting news about my business in the very near future.  I am completely exhausted though. Four, full days of teaching make & takes, filming an episode of Where Creativity Knocks (airing this Friday!) and networking has completely wiped me out.  I'm feeling every one of my 41 years today.

Today's photo is of my Designer Showcase Table. I know I mentioned working on it quite a bit, so I thought I would share the final product with you. It received a lot of interest and I'm hoping all the hardwork will pay-off.

I was really bad about taking photos at the show, but my new friend and fellow designer Theresa Cifali took a ton of photos and has written-up some awesome blog posts about the show, so hop over to her blog to get the low-down.  We worked together in the Elmer's and Craftwell booths during the show and had a blast together.  We even had Vanna White make a card during one of our make & takes in the Elmer's booth!  It was our little brush with celebrity that day.  I also got to meet Anna Griffin!  I love her papers and have read a lot about the way she runs her business, so I was very excited to meet her in person.  Another highlight was meeting some of my all-time favorite bloggers like Cathe Holden of Just Something I Made fame and Amy Anderson of Modge Podge Rocks!  It's funny when you meet your favorite bloggers because you feel like you already know them from reading their blogs.
I'm going to take a little break today, but will be back with some Chinese New Year celebration tips tomorrow.  It's Ground Hog Day today!  Before school, my daughter and I watched this video together and talked a bit about the tradition.  Yay!  Spring is coming!