Stretchy handband in a color of your choice.
Felt in green, white, black
Aleene's Original Tacky Glue
Fiskars Oval Shape Cutter Template (optional)
Fiskars Heart Shaped Squeeze Punch (optional)
- Cut out our felt into ovals in graduating sizes. Mine measured accordingly: The largest, green felt oval measured 2" x 2.5", the black oval measure 1.5" x 2" and the 1" x 1.5". I used Fiskars' oval shape cutter plate as a template.
- Cut shamrock shape out of green felt. I cut three small hearts out, and one small stem. If you don't want to free-hand the hearts, use a Fiskars' Heart Hand Punch. (I couldn't cut through felt with it, but I just punched a paper template and used it to cut out perfect heart shapes.) To give the shamrock some dimension, I folded each heart in half and ironed it. Be careful! The hearts are very tiny and the iron is very hot! Keep your fingers clear of the iron.
- Glue your smallest oval (the white one) onto the middle sized oval (the black one).
- Using tacky glue, apply the hearts (in a shamrock shape) and your stem onto the white oval. If you ironed a seam in the middle of the hearts, just run a line of glue down the back of the seam to maintain the dimension your risked burning your fingers for.
- Put glue onto the back of your black oval. Lay the headband down onto the oval, centering it. Then lay the largest oval (the green one) over the headband. Make sure everything is straight and let it dry.