Monday, March 7, 2011

Who doesn't love free tutorials?

I just wanted to give you a heads up this morning.  Interweave, the publishers of one of my favorite magazines, Stitch, has just launched a new community website called Sew Daily

To celebrate the launch, they offering a free ebook of projects when you sign-up for the free membership.  You can sign-up and get your goodies here.  Once a member, you can find some great, free projects on the community website (like the ones in the photo above).

I personally love free sewing patterns.  As much as I enjoy making up my own tutorials, I also love to try patterns out sometimes.  As a self-taught sewer, I've found that working my way through existing patterns and tutorials helps me learn new skills and practice what I already know.  What about you? Do you prefer to "wing it" when you are doing a sewing project or do you like to follow instructions?

Material Disclosure:  I am not getting paid for sharing this information-I just love free stuff and I know you do too!